NEW: The Court of Appeals Decision returns the case to the Fairfax County Circuit Court! — (6/13/2023)
*** Why is McLean Bible Church Leadership Proposing to Change the Dissolution Clause? Do they plan to dissolve MBC?
!!! More Reasons to VOTE NO TO MBC PROPOSED CONSTITUTION!
*** Why MBC’s Constitutional Changes are Unacceptable (in general)
To understand the comparison, please note that the Underlined text is the new proposed language, the Strikethrough text is what‘s being deleted, and the Standard text is the part of the current Constitution that’s remaining the same.
It took from 1961 to 2016 for attendance to reach 13,500+, but only 4 years (under David Platt’s leadership) for the attendance to drop to under 4,000.
- Pictures of empty seats and parking lots tell the story of the disastrous collapse in attendance and enthusiasm under the Platt and SBC-era Administration
- Members complain of being abused, threatened, intimidated, bullied, slandered, and pressured to leave
- Suspicions of financial corruption, dirty dealings, and mismanagement continue to linger
- According the chairman of the MBC Elder Board, as of 3/2023 the church has spent 750,000 dollars of church donations to pay lawyers that oppose those wanting to restore McLean Bible’s tradition of fair elections, financial transparency, fair opportunity to voice dissent, and due process
- Could the final bill for these attorneys reach 1 million, all at the expense of the MBC congregation?
- Open invitations for MBC leadership to appear publicly in a recorded forum to respond to complaints have gone unanswered.
McLean Bible Church’s Ministries List Over the Years (2002, 2008, 2019, 2021, 2022). Many ministries have come and gone at MBC. As MBC members and attendees have departed, and as Leadership has changed the Church’s focus and direction, ministries have disappeared. Click to see the list of the ministries and programs that are part of MBC’s past (and present). Note: X tells When a ministry was and is currently Active
David Platt has stated repeatedly that McLean Bible Church is not a member of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC). Brian Autry, Executive Director of the SBC of Virginia states otherwise. This is his e-mail. The SBC of Virginia is a partnership of more than 700 Southern Baptist Churches. Is MBC Southern Baptist, and Do We Really Want to Be???
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /